SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Shepherd James | 6 Months

Who is 6 months old? I AM!
Somehow half of an entire year has passed since Shepherd James came earthside and I don't know how to feel about it. I'm ecstatic watching him grow and learn and watching his personality take shape, but then my heart aches for that sweet cuddly 'little' newborn. I'm excited for the future, yet desperately holding on to the past. I'm a mama. I'm torn. I'm torn between this phase, the next one, and the past. I can't help it. I love watching each new task he masters, but then I long for that less independent baby who nurses constantly and needs his mama all the time. Shepherd doesn't need me all the time anymore and Henry is so damn independent it's unbelievable. I am ever so thankful that Shepherd James is my cuddle baby. He loves him some snuggles, especially his mama snuggles. And I plan to oblige this kid as long as he wishes. Shepherd, please don't stop needing snuggles, EVER.
You can, however, dear boy, start sleeping better. You are killing me. I am a mombie. I sleep in 3 hours stretches and survive on caffeine. My days start at 3:00 or 4:00am and don't end until past 10:00pm...Shep, mama NEEDS sleep, k? 

Right at the start of 6 months old, we offered Shep real food for the first time. It was not a success. We tried pureed apples and he thought they were horrible, sorry Shepherd! We plan to do baby led weaning like we did with Henry, but I haven't been to the store yet 😑 He's still loving mama's milk and we have no plans to stop!

He's rocking his brother's hand me downs in size 9-12 months and wearing size 4 diapers.
He's weighing in at 25 pounds. He's a beast. Henry was right about 29-30 pounds at one year...I'm thinking ole Shepherd may have him beat. He's an infant ninja when he's in his scooter scoot - he can go from 0 - 60 in about half of a second and will run over and destroy anything in his path; my poor feet 😧

He sits up decently well by himself and travels via his fat belly; we call it his 'beached whale.'
He 'sings' and shouts all the time. He giggles at his big brother.  If Shep is fussy, Henry will come and kiss his head and make him laugh. It's seriously the cutest.

This face y'all, this face. 😍😍😍😍😍

Post a Comment