SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The New Adventure

Here lately, I've been doing some thinking. Thinking of ways to help others and in turn, help myself.
I'm a sucker for donating clothes, money, time and everything in between to various causes and charities, but I've been feeling that it is not enough. Blame it on the holidays.

Cleaning out the closet twice a year and donating to the Women's Shelter or Goodwill is a great thing to do, so is donating money to St. Jude and various animal shelters, but I've been looking for something even bigger and better to donate.

I donate blood every chance I get. Sometimes when I go, I'm turned away because I've given recently.
I like the idea of sitting in a chair for 20  minutes and possibly saving a life. How great is that?
My blood type is O Negative, which means that I am the universal donor. No matter what blood type you have, you can get have some of my O Negative. When I found out my blood type, I started donating blood frequently.

Now, I've been debating and debating on the idea of becoming a bone marrow donor. I've talked to family about it. The husband thinks its a great thing to do, but has his qualms about it as well.
He cannot register to donate until he's finished with school. Mama thinks it's a good idea as well, as is even throwing around the idea of becoming one as well.

And folks, I'm not naive. Well, I am, but not in this regard. I know what is involved. I know that it will not be pleasant. But most things that are worth it aren't easy, right?

I've done my research about becoming a donor and I think you should too.
Delete Blood Cancer is the website for all the information you will need before you decide to register. And if, upon reading, you decide to register to become a donor, you'll fill out a form or two (or 12) and a little red packet will arrive at your doorstep in a few days time.

Within the little red packet are two swabs. All you have to do is swab the inside of your mouth and send the swabs back in a prepaid postage envelope. Done. That simple.




 If you are interested in becoming a bone marrow donor, or just want more information, please visit the site above. You will not be disappointed.




Post a Comment