SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Skelton Photographie is going to be going thru some changes.
Nothing major, so no worries, but the Investment page will be changing.

The last time prices were raised, it was a year ago, and all that changed were prices for wedding photography. After working almost every weekend this past year, with 3-4 weddings a month + various mini sessions + standard family sessions, I've realized something. I'm working too hard.
I work late, every night. I hardly have time to spend with friends and family. And I still maintain the real job: Monday -Friday from 7:30 - 4:30.

I am exhausted. I wish to do photography full time, but right now, it's not feasible.

Why change prices now?
Every year, I evaluate how hard I've worked, how many sessions I've booked and how far out clients book in advance. Based on those three things, I've come to a realization.

If clients are booking over 6 months in advance, prices need to be evaluated.
If you book 90% of inquiries, prices need to be evaluated. Basically, people feel like they are getting a deal by booking me in advance and taking advantage of my low prices.

My goal is to keep prices low enough so that I still remain affordable to everyone, but right now, as hard as I work, I'm not making a profit. A lot goes into running this business. More than I could have ever imagined when I first started. I will not bore you with all my photographic expenses!

The new prices and packages are listed on the investment page.

You can still mix and match within the packages if something doesn't quite suit you.

Also, now our mini session packages and regular session packages come with a little extra! 




Post a Comment