SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 25, 2013

Elizabeth + Vince: Married. {Greenwood Wedding Photographer}

In late September of this year, I received an email from a prospective client. She had seen my work and was curious if I was available any time in the fall to photograph her wedding. She knew that she had waited till the last minute to find a photographer, and pretty much knew I wouldn't be able to help, but lo and behold, I had one date available, and we made it work!
Everything lined up perfectly. The church was available; and so was the caterer.  

Elizabeth and I emailed back and forth going over details and times and other wedding necessities.
Everything was settled, and coming together. The wedding day arrives, and I finally get to meet Elizabeth for the first time. I figured we could be friends since we're both named Elizabeth, but it was great finally meeting her, instead of just emailing back and forth!

Elizabeth and Vince were married at the First Presbyterian Church in Greenwood, MS.
The word beautiful doesn't even begin to cover this church.

I've shot weddings in all kinds of churches: Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, you name it! But this wedding was different...I wasn't allowed to photograph in the sanctuary during the ceremony. I've never come across this before, but for me, it wasn't a big deal...thank you Nikon zoom lenses!
But, Elizabeth had no idea I wouldn't be allowed to photograph in the sanctuary...so here's a helpful hint brides - make sure that photographers can shoot inside the sanctuary!!

I shot the wedding from the balcony and from the foyer. And then a sweet little old lady told me I had taken enough photos...I HAD to turn my camera off, I was distracting from the ceremony. Rule 1 in weddings: there are never enough photos. I politely turned my camera off, walked to a side door and shot through the window.  I was paid to document this wedding, and my plan was to document it, yet still be respectful.

I knew that the ceremony was coming to a close and asked the wedding coordinator if it would be all right if I got a photo of the couple sharing their first married kiss: "ugh, I guess."
(From the foyer)

I understand that various churches have rules, and I aim to be as respectful as possible, but this little old lady was a nightmare...Lord let us pray that she will NOT stumble upon this blog! I yes ma'am-ed her and was as polite as I knew how, but she continued to treat me and the bride like we were little children...now see here kids, this is a door knob and if you turn it, the door will open :)

Regardless of the issues of the day, and the freezing temps, the wedding went off without a hitch and was beautiful and simple and revolved around family. The reception was even held at the bride's parents home - that was filled with antiques...if that church pew in their living room would have fit in my car, I probably would have swiped it somehow!!

Elizabeth and Vince's wedding marked the last wedding of the 2013 season for me.
And the wedding season could not have ended on a better note.
OK, enough words, here are some photos!







Post a Comment