SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 29, 2013

Chelsea and Bryan: The Wedding

I'm used to writing about the weddings I cover, and I find that its a pretty simple thing to do. Writing a post about one of my closest friends on her wedding day, different. Not hard different, just different.
 
I remember when I first met my husband and was gushing all about him to Chelsea a.k.a Mrs. Burge. I told her I knew I was going to marry him and I was sublimely happy. She just smiled and we chatted some more.
 
A few years go by, and then Chelsea meets a boy. She calls to tell me, I now know what you meant when you said you were sublimely happy. I've finally found it, and I'm going to marry this guy.
 
I couldn't be more happy for my friend.
 
And it was nice to be a part of a wedding, an actual part of the wedding party, not just the photographer, hiding behind pews and stressing about getting the shots.
 
I just relaxed and 'happened' to have my camera with me; 'just in case!'
 
The morning of her wedding started with a bridal brunch at her parents house.
It was perfect. Food, coffee, friendship, getting hair and make-up done, and even a little impromptu sing-a-long thanks to some ladies who shall remain nameless - I'm in the business of protecting their identities :)
 
After hours of eating, goofing off, and getting pretty, it was time to go to the church and get our friend married. I almost felt like I was getting married again. Wait, scratch that, I wasn't even this nervous on my wedding day! I was nervous for myself (because I'm clumsy as hell) and nervous/excited for my friend on the biggest day of her life so far.
 
I only snapped a few on the wedding day, due to actually being in the wedding party, but I think I managed to get a few good ones.
 
Enjoy!
And congrats Mr. and Mrs. Burge!!
 
 







Post a Comment