SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Oakhurst Plantation

 
 

Today, I had the honor of taking some bridal portraits. And yes, they were taken in the above location. Gorgeous, right? And trust me, the inside is just as spectacular!
 
There are many wonderful things about Oakhurst Plantation; too many to name actually.
But I can most definitely come up with the best...It's located in Inverness, MS. Yep. Just a measly 20 minute drive from the Heart of the Delta. Did you know that most people didn't even know it existed!
I know plenty of people who will travel to Natchez to get married or have bridal photos taken in an old plantation home, but guys, there is one in our backyard!
 
The owner was nice enough to let us photograph there, and myself, along with the beautiful bride were beyond thrilled. We were scheduled to shoot at some other locations, but upon walking into majestic Oakhurst, her eyes lit up, "Oh, I think we can get all the shots we need right here!"
My kind of girl!
 
Oakhurst was built in 1904 and is surrounded by 16 acres of oak trees, and farmland to boot and has all the original features. It's honestly like a time warp, but a good one. Not like walking into your grandmother's house and the smell of mothballs and old lady hits you. Y'all please don't tell my grandmother I said that. She would shoot me. Seriously!


Another thing about Oakhurst that y'all might be interested in - you can rent it!
For parties, weddings, receptions, damn near anything!
If you are interested, please visit http://oakhurstplantation.com/home.html
 
AND...since I can't post pictures of the bride in her dress; which is unbelievable!...I'll just post a photo of this little lady who refused to take her dress off :) 




Post a Comment