SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More from Stormin' Norman

Mama, I'm all the way over here. Why is my bowl ALL the way over there?
I'm too tired, please put it in front of me :(
And mama, why is it empty?



When I think of Norm, a song comes to mind. Hurricane by Bob Dylan. No, Norm isn't a prize fighter who was wrongfully convicted of murder - and later released. But the beginning of the song describes Norm once he wakes up from his nap(s).

"Here comes the story of the Hurricane..."
"The man the authorities came to blame..."
"For something that he never done..."

Describes Stormin' Norman to a 'T.'
"Norm, why is the carpet wet?"
"I don't know mama, I think daddy dropped something."

"Norm, where is my flip-flop?"
Turns head a puzzling manner, "What flip flop mama?"

At first I thought Norm some feat of mother nature. A tornado perhaps. Maybe a tropical storm. I've officially changed my mind. Norm is a hurricane. A powerful one. A Katrina like disaster that hits my house every morning, afternoon, and night.







Yesterday was my first day back at work since getting Norm. We had a glorious 4 day stay-cation at home with Norm. Getting up yesterday morning and leaving Norm was hard. I was late to work, all because he wanted to play. That's a sacrifice I was willing to make.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, Norm was napping.
I woke him up.
He looked at me like, "Mama! Where you been?! You left me alone all day with daddy!"




Yesterday was also the first day that Norm walked to the back door and scratched on it to be let out. Normally, we pick him up and carry him out. That was a feat in itself.

The little monster has grown so much in the past few days. It's hard to pick him up and carry him out when he doesn't want to go outside. He will writhe and yap and bite your ears. Puppy teeth do not play. Just a reminder. I'd forgotten how menacing they could be!




Most dogs have a word for going to the bathroom. Norm's "cousins" Katie and Kato's word is 'potty.' We wanted to do something different with Norm. We tried the dirty way, "Norm, you wanna go poop?" He didn't get it. So now, we just Norm, do you want to go outside?

That one question will illicit a list of responses:
Response 1: Run for the door cause I gotta go
Response 2: Hide behind the couch because I don't have to go
Response 3: Run to the kitchen instead and gulp water
Response 4: Run circles around mama and daddy and evade capture


By the way, Norm is an ankle biter. The above picture proves that. He loves ankles. And flip flops.


"Come here, Norm. Come here!"
"OK y'all, here I come!!"


Norm chasing daddy around the yard.
He's gotten pretty used to the yard now. But that's it. We go out with him every time and he circle the house. And we circle the house. And we circle the house one more time just to make sure there is no business that needs to be done.



I bought this giraffe on Monday from Kroger. Cut to Tuesday, the giraffe, Louise, is officially eviscerated.

To the maker of puppy toys. You make cute stuffed toys for pups. Yet, you fill them with harmful fuzz. And they don't last. We've had Norm less than one week, and thus far, two toys have been eviscerated. Guess we'll stick to balls and harder toys. Sorry Norm.


P.S. - Tomorrow is Tay's first day of school. I'll be at work all day.
Any volunteers to come and play with the Hurricane, er Norm? :)


Post a Comment