SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 8, 2015

New Service: Birth Announcements!

Before Henry Wallace was born, hell, before I was even pregnant, I spent a lot of time looking over birth announcements. And fell in love with almost every option. I even pinned a few (hundred) and you can check them out here: https://www.pinterest.com/emac21684/tater-baby/

What I didn't realize was the cost to get them made. As a photographer, I understand that you have to charge enough in order to make some sort of profit, but I couldn't fathom paying over $100 for 25 birth announcements, it just didn't seem right to me! Especially with a newborn and Tay and I both being on leave, we had no money coming in.  Goodbye fancy smanchy announcements :(

What's a girl to do? Well, if that girl is a photographer, she sets up a newborn shoot in her master bedroom (which has AMAZING light), edits and designs her own birth announcements and then sends them to an awesome printer that specializes in square prints - I'm in love with square prints. Totally in love. Am I the only one? I hope not.

And here it is!


If you have a little one making their debut soon, contact me and let's schedule a newborn shoot! If you have another photograher take your newborn photos, I can still design the birth announcement.

The cost of the newborn shoot is $150 and with the added option of creating your birth announcement the cost is $200. With that, you get an hour (approximately) of shoot time and 24 cute square birth announcements. Not bad, am I right? And your input on the design is needed and welcomed!

Bring on the babies!

Post a Comment