SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moving has begun

Our house is an official disaster area. Our garage no longer has two parking spaces. My spot has been taken over by plates, DVDs, clothes, a ton of pictures, and every thing in between.



And this isn't even the half of it. I know we have/had a lot of stuff. Most things went to Goodwill, because it's the right thing to do. But things we couldn't part with need a new place in the new house. That will take an eternity.

We've slowly started disassembling our home; taking photos down, patching nail holes, covering them, and painting them, along with packing all of our belongings into boxes.

Speaking of boxes, God bless the Wong's for all the boxes - our neighbors now think we have a baby, due to all the pamper boxes, and that we are also alcoholics, thank you Stateline Liquor for all the boxes :)

And without further ado, the new home.
It still needs to be cleaned.
And cleaned a little more.
And then (fingers crossed), this house will become our home this weekend.



The living room, with french doors leading to our covered back patio.
That is fenced. Thank the Lord!


The other side of the living room.
Did you see the plantation shutters?
I love them.
I've always wanted them.
And now, I have them.



The kitchen. The floor is so-so, the backsplash is amazing, but the cabinets have to go!
Eventually, when time and the budget allows.


The upstairs. Which I didn't take pictures of because I didn't want to show you the nastiness. The previous owner's son demolished the upstairs. Is there a better word than demolished? Holes punched in walls, carpet stained to no end, possible urine on the wall?
Now you see why I decided to spare you the photos.
The upstairs painting has begun. The carpet has now been cleaned.
It's slowly becoming ours.

The master. I love. The plantation shutters make this room amazingly dark. Which will be great, if I can ever sleep in.




And lastly, the patio. Which is covered. And huge. And the yard is fenced. Oh happy day.
I'll, of course, update when the house resembles us.

3 comments :

  1. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. moving company los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. movers pasadena ca

    ReplyDelete