SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 2, 2012

New Entryway


The above picture is our current entryway. I think it's OK. When we first moved into this house, we just placed things and then hung pictures appropriately. Now, two years later, I'm sick of the current entryway and decided it was time for a make-over. Not to mention, Tay HATES the Wizard of Oz print. He played the Tin-Man in a small production of the play, hence why I got the print...it never grew on him. Shame on you Tay.

This table has been around as long (if not longer) than I have. I remember it being in our living room growing up. I never particularly cared for it, but when I left for college and needed a table, I thought it would suffice.


Little ugly green table, you are lucky. Mama is going to give you a make over, and ergo, love you all over again.


I first started by lightly sanding the table, just to ensure that the paint would stick. Once it was sanded, I wiped it down with a damp cloth and let it dry. Now, it's time to paint!

I bought a pint of antique white paint and got down to business. 



Midway through the process. After one coat, it was still looking too 'streaky.' I added on another coat and things started to look a lot better.


The new drawer pulls. On sale from Hobby Lobby. Yes! And they look so much better than the current wood ones. 



The finished drawers. After the second coat of paint dried, I got coarse sand paper and started sanding the edges; letting the original green paint shine through. I also sanded where normal wear and tear would be. I tried hard not to over sand. Sometimes, we equate lots of sanded area to an antique. To me, it just ends up looking like a new table that was over sanded!



Loving the new drawer pulls.


New entryway complete. And it only took a couple of hours. The pallet I've had for a few weeks, and finally decided it was time to paint it and make it my jumbo picture ledge. The pallet make over was simple. Once again, all I did was sand it to make it smooth and make sure no snags would happen, then just threw two coats of paint and voila!



I'm so proud of the new entryway! Though I did have to get Tay's help to hang the pallet. It was a bit too heavy trying to hold it up and hang it!



Post a Comment