SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Favorite Things

Being an adult, you forget what times were like when you were younger. You work an 8-5 job, pay rent/mortgage, pay bills, and do it all over again next month. It's dreadful and sad that we forget what makes us happy. Of course, we know the obvious things: success, family, money...but that is not what I mean. What really makes you happy? Is it the little things that make you happy or the overall big picture?

See, I'm an optimist and basically everything in life makes me happy, even rain (sometimes). To me, life is all about the little things. I love it when I'm about to walk out the door to go to work and my husband rushes home from his job just to see me off. That's what makes me happy, along with a couple of other things.

I love giraffes, dairy cows (you know, the spotted one's), puppies (especially mastiffs), cotton candy, roller coasters, road trips, the mountains, baking and cooking for my husband.




Here are some pictures of some more of my favorite things.....


I love this photo of my grandfather and I. I also love how protective and watchful he is of me.





I absolutely adore sunflower's and my wedding ring. So I combined the two :)

John Prine is my favorite musical artist. If you don't know his songs, look them up, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. 'Angel from Montgomery,'Fish and Whistle,' and many more.

I love to read, though I don't have enough time for it as I would like. To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic novel and I read it at least once a year. Every time I see a copy of it, I have to buy it. I have at least ten copies! The other's are some other fave's of mine, but are on a completely different level. Reader discretion advised :)

Baths...you can't beat them. Enough said.


I have plenty more favorite things, but I'm afraid that post would take an eternity. When you think life is bad, just remember the little things. The giraffes and cows and cotton candy and
puppies. What's better than puppies? That's right, nothing!
Thanks for reading,
E. Skelton

Post a Comment