SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mississippi Magazine




Every January in the state of Mississippi is a time of excitement and wonder for most women. Is it because of the New Year? New Year brings good things? Well, that, and the Mississippi Magazine Wedding Register! Once I buy it, I immediately thumb through it very quickly just to get an idea. Over the course of the next week or so, I pick it up every spare moment I have and read it again and again.


Looking over the Wedding Register made me think back to my own wedding. Yeah yeah, I know it was only a little over a year ago, but I like to reminisce, so sue me :)


Wedding planning was such a hassle and chore, but I honestly enjoyed the chaos that came with the planning. My husband would tell you a different story (she was so stressed...blah, blah, blah), but I knew that the end result would be me spending the rest of my life with him and I would do anything to achieve that. Insert stereotypical cliches here please.


We both wanted modern and traditional in our wedding so we decided to include an Irish Wedding Blessing since we our families are both of Celtic descent. The closing prayer of our wedding ceremony:


May the road rise to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon the fields.


May the light of friendship guide your paths together

May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home.

May the joy of living for one another

Trip a smile from your lips, a twinkle from your eye.


And when eternity beckons,

At the end of a life heaped high with love,

May the good Lord embrace you

With the arms that have nurtured you

The whole length of your joy-filled days.


May the gracious God hold you both

In the palm of His hands.

And, today, may the Spirit of Love

Find a dwelling place in your hearts.


Amen.



Below are various pictures from the engagements to some bridals to the wedding and everything in between.






































Post a Comment