SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And the Travel Bug Bites Again

As I've said before, our 4th anniversary is coming up. And it falls on a Thursday, which to me means: long weekend! Our plan is to get Tay's school schedule and see if a trip is even possible; and if so, I take a day off and we travel!

Now, the big question...where to?
Well, the obvious answer would be the Grand Canyon, but a 24 hour drive for 5 minutes of staring into the abyss...at a later date, perhaps. This trip, we are trying to stick closer to home.

Our conversations (over text messages) went something like this.
Me: "Our anniversary is coming up, where should we go?"
Tater: "Let's do the Natchez Trace again, it was fun."

I looked up the bottom half of the Trace (from Tupelo to Natchez) and we've seen it all, more than a dozen times.

So I text Tay again:
Me: "I want to see mountains."
Tater: "Which ones?"
Me: "Close ones?"
Tater: "Well I figured that! Smoky Mountains or Ozarks?"
Me: "I want to do the Smoky Mountains, but they are way too far for a two day trip. Ozarks?"
Tater: "Done. Plan it and let me know when we leave."

My dear sweet husband is NOT a planner. Not at all. I'm an avid planner. If I'm going to a certain area, I'll google everything within a 100 mile radius and make sure we see it while we are out.
He's just my chauffeur :)

For our past anniversaries, we've tried to do trips, but with me officially working all the time and school consuming every single aspect of Tay's life, planning a trip is difficult.

Our past anniversary adventures:
Anniversary 1 = We left Southaven, MS at 3:00am and drove to Cherokee, NC and hopped onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, visited D.C. Original post here:
http://skeltonphotographie.blogspot.com/2010/10/vacation.html

Anniversary 2 = We had planned a trip out west, but received news about Tay getting into school and opted out of a trip. We did a weekend in Downtown Memphis instead. And had Texas De Brazil!
The planned out west trip post here (that was never taken): 
http://skeltonphotographie.blogspot.com/2011/07/road-trip.html

Anniversary 3 = Tay had to attend TANA (Tennessee Association of Nurse Anesthetists) in Murfreesboro, TN. He let me tag along and we ended up doing the northern portion of the Natchez Trace. Original Post here:
 http://skeltonphotographie.blogspot.com/2012/10/natchez-trace-mini-vacay.html

Anniversary 4 = Ozark Mountain Getaway?
Here's whats on the list: Grand Canyon of the Ozarks, Glory Hole Waterfall, Thorncrown Chapel, Christ of the Ozarks, Alum Cove, Whitaker Point and anything that else that strikes my fancy!

We (I) just started planning this trip yesterday, so the list could grow exponentially.

Post a Comment