SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 9, 2017

Mr. & Mrs. Pickens

Y'all, I don't know where to start, but I'll try.

When Jessica first contacted me about shooting her New Orleans wedding, I was hesitant. I had a small child at home and another one on the way. I knew at the time of the wedding I'd have a 16 month old and 4 month old...could I commit to leaving them?

Short answer, YES!
Did I mention we were staying in the cutest little hotel in the French Quarter? When we go back to New Orleans, we definitely plan on staying here. The food, the rooms, the staff; it was all perfect.



The wedding day started with an AMAZING brunch at Tableau. There were mimosas and bloody marys...it was a good morning. A really good morning 😁



I've attended a lot of weddings. I've been a wedding photographer for over 6 years. And when I say this couple was the most laid back, I genuinely mean it. Jessica didn't worry about anything. She was calm and relaxed and having the time of her life. Christopher was the same way, but you could see the nerves in him before their first look. You could tell that him and Jessica are best friends and that not seeing her was weighing on him.

I remember telling Christopher how handsome he looked. He looked at me, smiled very shyly and blushed. He's such a sweet, kind, and caring soul. Jessica is loud and crazy and the life of the party. These two are polar opposites, and they are perfect for each other.

Also, you know you are loved when you have a "small" destination wedding and over 250 show up.
Mr. and Mrs. Pickens, y'all are amazing. And loved. And deserve all the happiness.

Congrats!
I can't wait to follow your journey as a married couple.














Y'all, I swear I took 4 million reception photos...STILL. WEEDING. THROUGH. THEM.


 Jessica's two favorite men (beside her new husband) were her father and grandfather, who walk in Heaven now. Unbeknownst to her, they were both there is spirit and represented by cuff links and small photos. It was a tearful, yet sweet moment when this was brought to my attention. Just because our loved ones have moved on doesn't mean they can't be a part of a special day. I love families like this one. Y'all, please include any and all loved ones in your special day. If they walk among us or in Heaven, they deserve it.






**YES, I travel for weddings! If you are having a destination wedding, ask us for a quote!**

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Elizabeth and Skelton Photographie for your wedding photos. She was wonderful. Her vision and professionalism are outstanding. But, her ability to "roll with the punches" is what sets her apart. No stress because we knew she had it handled and would capture the event beautifully. I simply can't say enough about the positive experience we had. If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. Contact Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete