SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Announcement {New Service}


As my maternity leave comes to an end, I've had an epiphany. I'm a photographer, it's what I do. It's what I enjoy and it's how I make my living. I also enjoy pregnancy and labor and delivery and those first days in the hospital...though not enough to do it again right now, and definitely not enough to be a labor and delivery nurse; those people are saints.

So how can I incorporate my love for labor and delivery and fresh babies all the while remaining true to what God put me on this Earth to do (besides motherhood)?

And then it hit me, birth photography! I wanted both of my labors to be documented, but somehow, time slips away and having someone photograph your birth doesn't seem like a priority. With Shepherd's birth, one of our nurses stole my phone and started snapping photos of us during that last stage of labor, and I am forever grateful; for her helping me during labor and also for her capturing those moments that Shepherd came into the world. I wouldn't trade those moments or those photos for anything. They are that important to me.

I really feel led in this direction in a way that I cannot describe. I love photography and I want to document these moments for the first time mama, the rainbow baby mama, or the mama having her last child. Each birth is different and special and amazing and they all need to be celebrated.

I want to capture a couple becoming a family. I want to capture the moment 2 individuals welcome their child into the world. I want to capture mama laboring while daddy rubs her back and whispers encouraging words to her. I want to document it all.

After baby has been welcomed, those first few hours/days in the hospital are crucial. It's an amazing indescribable bonding experience that leaves you utterly exhausted, yet yearning for more. With this new birth photography service, we will also be offering a "fresh 48" session; which is a 1-2 hour lifestyle session that will take place at your birth location.

Now, some details:

-We will have one prenatal meeting/interview where we will discuss what to expect, what moments you wish to be captured, and answer each others questions. This is crucial that we get to know each other so that I'm not seen as a stranger at your birth. I want you to be comfortable with me. This can happen in person or via phone call.

-If you are having a planned c-section, ask your doctor beforehand if a photographer will be allowed in the operating room. If you have an unplanned c-section, having a photographer  in the operating room may not be feasible, but still ask! And remember, there are still many precious moments to document after birth.

-Coverage will begin in active labor (6+cm) depending on labor speed and will continue up until 2 hours after birth. It's your job to contact me during labor!!

-Fresh 48 session to be completed before you are discharged from the hospital.

-Images will be a mix of color and black/white.

-Images will be delivered to you on a custom DVD drive.

-You will also receive a birth book. A custom made photo book displaying the images from your labor and also your fresh 48 session.

Here are some examples from my own labor with our 2nd child, Shepherd. Images were taken by our labor and delivery nurse and my dear sweet hubs :)






Post a Comment