SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Second Year!



Tater Bug is officially a 2nd year at  Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. We survived the first year of school; only two more to go!
And I saw 'we' because it was a joint effort. A huge massive colossal gargantuan  JOINT effort.
As in, my job starts at 7:30 AM, which means I have to leave at 6:45 to get there on time, which means I go to bed at 9:30-10:00. All the while, Tater bug stays up till 4:00AM studying, reading, committing three thousand page textbooks to memory. All this means, we live together, but hardly spend time together :(

When I arrive home from work, I do all those house chores that no one ever wants to do, but he honestly doesn't have time to do them - once that is complete, I exercise (it sucks, but I've made it a habit now), and then I start blogging/working on pictures/perusing the Internet for camera gear I can't afford...yada yada yada. 

My weekends are spent taking and editing photos, his weekends are spent in the comfort of our bedroom/home office glued to his desk. I'm afraid he's forgotten what the sun looks like! 
Planning an activity together? Forget about it!
Eating a meal together? Forget about it!

When we started this whole journey, he explained to me that he was going back to school. 
I said it was fine, we would figure it out.

After applying to numerous schools, going thru the selection and admission process, he was in and so started the journey of my husband becoming a doctor! Not an MD doctor, a DNP (Doctor of Nurse Practice) doctor. 

We both heard horror stories of how hard school/life was going to be, but we had no idea.
We have numerous friends who are also in school, but their programs are completely different. Tay isn't even allowed to work while enrolled, and if he did and the school found out, he would be kicked out. Like he even has time to work!

Throughout his first semester, he had to attend something called Journal Club. It meets every Thursday, some days he looks forward to it, other days, he dreads it. But, in one class meeting, the topic of discussion was suicide rates in SRNA (Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist) and CRNA's (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) was discussed. In depth. Then we had a long discussion regarding it. 

So for those of y'all asking when are we going to have kids? 
Just hold the hell on...we are too busy trying to survive this school thing!

To say the Skelton household is stressed would be an understatement, but we are also blessed.

Rant done.

To see/read about Tater Bug's first day back to school last year:
http://skeltonphotographie.blogspot.com/2012/06/hubs-is-official-student-again.html

Post a Comment