SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Days

Shoes after a day of fun in the snow
Over the past few days, a furious storm has passed through Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, and basically every other Southern state. This storm produced ice, sleet, snow and everything in between. As a child, when snow magically appeared, school functions were shut down and a "snow day" was declared! Oh how I wish to go back to those childhood days. As an adult, getting a snow day isn't exactly feasible :( Boo on adulthood, seriously! But thankfully, the entire city of Memphis was basically shut down, which meant I got a day off of work! But of course my husband still has to work :( But before he went into an all day hibernation for his 12 hour shift tonight, I begged him to play in the snow with me. The begging didn't last long. As soon as we walked outside, he decked me with a snowball and was acting like a child!
With our "snow day" activities winding down, it was time to come in the house, drink some hot chocolate and sit by the fire to warm up. As we were stripping down all of our extra layers, I noticed our snow covered shoes just sitting by the back door. To me, those shoes tell a story of the fun and excitement that we had today, but also the sadness that comes with a snow day. The day will end, the snow will melt, and our lives will return to normal :( But before everything melted, I opted to document our shoes to remind us of this glorious snow day. Now the question is if I will actually get off my butt and print it off and frame it! Pray I do! Happy snow day!!

Post a Comment