SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Goodbye comfort zone

Photo taken with Nikon D70 and Lensbaby Spark.

The other day I posted that  I would be taking some photos at the baby doll house (Hollywood Plantation) in Benoit, MS. Well, yesterday was that day.

The weather was perfect. The cameras and gear were charged and ready to go. The bride was prepped and ready. It was time to shoot!

I always like to try to arrive a little early to any event just to ensure that I get the shots that I desire.
I arrived and immediatley started snapping. This place is beyond beautiful. And it's perfect.
And the 1956 dark comedy Baby Doll was filmed here. It was (and I'm sure still is) a controversial film due to explicit sex scenes. I've never seen it, but I'm always intrigued by strange movies. Some of my favorite movies are Silence of the Lambs and the Big Chill and one of my favorite authors is Gillian Flynn - please don't judge me based on the type of movies/books I prefer. I cannot help it. The more twisted and macabre, the better. I blame it on living a normal life.

And now back to the point! Check out the movie poster that is prominently displayed in one of the front rooms at the Hollywood Plantation, along with the amazing chandelier. I died when I walked in and saw it.


This shoot was something that I've never done before. The bride and I had discussed getting together to do this shoot, but we couldn't pick/decide on a location. We didn't want to do them at someone's actual home, we wanted privacy - no prying eyes - we both wanted to be comfortable, since we were both stepping way out of our comfort zones! And did I mention this was only the second time we met!! We had chatted numerous times, but chatting about taking photos like this and actually doing them are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

The anonymous bride is seriously one of the sweetest women you will ever meet. Sweet, sincere, and down to earth. And she has a rocking body, which made this shoot that much easier.


Since she is doing this as a super secret surprise for her soon-to-be-husband, this is the only photo I can post (and the fact that she's just as modest as I am!) It's in black and white to hide certain identifiable characteristics and it's purposely out of focus to keep her anonymity in tact. 

So, enough talk, here's the new part of photography that Skelton Photographie will be venturing into!


 



If you are looking for a great place to hold a wedding, party - anything, the Hollywood Plantation is perfect. Visit their site for more info: Burrus Hollywood Plantation

Post a Comment