SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Leigh and Preston: The Wedding

Just over a year ago, I got a phone call about photographing a wedding.
I knew no details of the wedding, but happily accepted because it was a family from my small town and I've known them forever, so I had to do it!
 
I have photographed numerous weddings, and I hate to be partial, but this was such a beautiful wedding. Everything was done by someone in the family. An aunt made the cake. A cousin made banners. The bride did a lot of work!
 
And it showed. Everything was beautiful and elegant; yet simple and tasteful, just like the bride and groom.
 
I've never been a fan of the color pink. As a red head, I have to shy away from certain colors! But I have to say, these wedding colors were the most beautiful. I've always said that photographing weddings makes me want to get married again (to the same great man of course); but this one just solidified that fact. Yeah right, if I can only talk the husband into marrying me again :)
 
I've known about and been prepping for this wedding for over a year, and it finally came and went.
I feel like a little piece of me has died :(
Similar to how you feel when reading a great novel, and when it ends, you don't know what to do with yourself. That's how I feel now.
 
The plus side of this wedding being behind me?
I get to work with the same family again in August because the brides older brother is getting married! YAY!!
 
 
 
 




Finally Mr. and Mrs.!!

She got lipstick all over his face.


 An original groomsman is in the military and couldn't make it to the wedding. So this fantastic wedding party made a sign for him...and they even had face time with him. Thanks wedding party and thanks Zach for rising early to talk to them and for serving your country!!



 My favorite here are the guys. From left: sniffing the bouquet, covering his face, covering someone else's face, NOT paying attention, and then older brother on the far right just totally hiding his face!


 The family tree with everyone's thumbprints.
Such a creative family!


 Road trip to Disneyworld!
 







 The bride had a book of notes from her friends and family. The very last page was a note from her soon to be husband. Such a cute and sweet couple!






Also folks, if you are engaged or thinking of being engaged in the near future...take a page from this couple's book. Have the wedding at 10:00 am and serve brunch. It was my first morning wedding and it was fantastic! Biscuits and cheese grits and coffee ... just an idea, from your friendly photographer :)

Post a Comment