SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Motherhood Sessions | Mississippi Family Photographer

A few years ago, I started offering motherhood sessions and I never thought they would end up being my favorite sessions. As a mother, I understand how hard it is to get you and your babies dressed and ready for photos. I know the struggle. I am the struggle.  Doesn't it seem that Murphy's law always comes into play around family photo time?

Now, 2 years later, these sessions make my heart happy.

Motherhood is such a joy and it deserves to be documented. All of it. The good, the bad, the tears, the tantrums, the love, the snuggles.

As a mother, I adore any image I have of me and my children. Posed or unposed. Make up or hot mess express. What matters is the emotion. The real raw emotion of motherhood; not if you showered that day, or even remembered to brush your teeth.

Please, don't not book because you haven't lost the baby weight, or your hair is a mess. Your child won't care. They will care that you took the time to get in the frame with them. My two boys love looking at our family photos and always are so surprised to see Mama in the picture with them.

I'm offering motherhood sessions for the entire months of April and May, or you can purchase a gift certificate to give as a gift on Mother's Day.

Here are some of my favorite motherhood moments:


Through my journey as a photographer, I've met some amazing woman and have asked them to document my family, my journey, my struggle. Here are some of my favorite images from two amazing photographers that I've been blessed to call friends...

The above images are from my friend Joy Prouty with Wildflowers Photography. I was 5 weeks postpartum; still unsure of how to parent 2 babies 12 months apart, feeling fat, and secretly wearing Spanx to hide my mama tummy and massive pad that comes with being in the postpartum phase.

My dear friend Amy Teague with Happily Situated Photography captured these images for me last summer. It was hot. I was a mess. I still hadn't lost all that baby weight. I was insecure. The reason I share these images with you is because I wasn't perfect; I was a mess, but I still wanted to have my motherhood documented. And when I look at these photos, do I see crazy postpartum hair? Or that mama belly? No, I see the love I have for my children. And that is what matters.

If you're interested in a motherhood session, use THIS LINK

Post a Comment