SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Doty | Birth | Mississippi Birth Photographer




Birth is beautiful and magical. And if you don't agree, then this post may not be for you.

I've birthed 2 children and Lord willing, I will birth a few more before that super power is taken away from me. Only birth can make a woman feel like the strongest individual on the planet while simultaneously making her feel weak and scared... crazy how that works out.

Birth is empowering.
Birth is also the scariest, best thing you'll ever get to experience.

What's scarier than a vaginal birth? A surgical birth. Especially when you aren't prepared for it. This mama was a failed induction (due to a large baby and her not descending into the birth canal), and only had a few hours to prepare for her surgical birth. Regardless, she would end up meeting her baby, but not in the way she had intended. Ultimately, the goal is a healthy baby and a healthy mama.
And that goal was met. Baby was perfect, and so was mama.

Y'all, birth is birth. Regardless of how it happens. It a mess. A beautiful mess. A perfectly beautiful mess that I pray I'm able to experience again.

Enjoy the birth story!
This mama was overcome with fear and anxiety about having a C-section. Her doctor came in and prayed over her and the baby. Say what you want about small hospitals, but ours is the best and is staffed with the best physicians and nurses around. I'm thankful our little community has such an amazing hospital.
 
If you're in the Delta and are pregnant, I highly recommend our local hospital. You will not find better care anywhere else. I can personally attest to that. I delivered my first at a BIG hospital in Memphis and had the worst experience. My wishes were not listened to, I was just a number, no one knew my name, my history, my nothing...then my doctor induced me on a day when she wasn't actually working and a doctor I'd never met delivered my baby...South Sunflower on the other hand; is the opposite. They know you. They know your wishes, and they'll do everything in their power to give you the birth you want/need/deserve.

If you are pregnant and thinking about having your labor and delivery documented, call me! Let's start planning your AMAZING delivery. 

Post a Comment