SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Simmons | Mississippi Family Photographer

I'm going to be honest for a minute. I never pictured myself as a mother. It never spoke to me. I just didn't "get it."

Before I had children, I never understood how to photograph them. I would pose them, beg for smiles, then get frustrated when a toddler would have a meltdown. It was hard.

Years later, as a mother to 2, kids and families make me happy. Endlessly happy. I never knew what I was missing. Henry and Shepherd taught me a love that I didn't know existed; and in turn, my work changed. I focused on families as kids as they are; not forcing them to be something they are not, not bribing them with promises of snacks, toys, or a trip to the Dollar Store.

These three kids did their thing. I just followed them around, and promised at the end of the session, that we would all get in the creek and play. That was all the motivation they needed.

Folks, if you're needing a family session; a real session, I'm your girl.

Enjoy the Simmons family preview!


Post a Comment