SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The For Real Official House Tour

Moving is complete.
We've been in our house about two weeks now and things are starting to look more homey.
Thank God.
I cannot live in world where there are no pictures on the wall or curtains up.
Tay thinks I'm crazy.
I tell him it makes the place seem comfortable and home like.
He agreed.
After he said an endless slew of profanities pertaining to some curtain rods :)
Bless that man!

So, without further adieu , the for reals legit house tour.
The photos were taken with an OLD point and shoot.
I couldn't located any memory cards for the REAL camera (due to the moving), so these photos will have to suffice. If you want to see the house in person, come visit.
We have a guest room! And a 150 pound dog that will sit on your lap.
Its home :)

 The Norm shelf; which is hidden behind the front door.
It's where all his things are kept: leash, harness, collar, the Furminator (BUY ONE!)



A little decoration on my desk.
And old a$$ camera that has film stuck in in from 1978. No joke.
I've tried to remove it, no luck.
So instead, it becomes decoration. 



 How many DirecTv remotes does one house need? And no, we don't even have that many TVs.
We only have two and yet 5 remotes! Tay told me NEVER put the remote in the drawer, it'll get mixed up. Here's an idea...throw the others away? Tay says no, you never know when we may need them!



 The master bedroom.
It's not much, but then again, its only two of us, why do we need a jumbo space?
And it's summer and we both get hot. Hence only the sheet and light blanket on the bed. Now, when winter rolls around, the down comforter will be busted out!
And for the windows...they honestly do NOT make curtains that size.
Trust me, we checked. Everywhere. Target, Wal-Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond.
So that's what we settled with.



 Chest of drawers with bridal portrait.
Tay didn't realize, but I cheated him.
The top three drawers are his and the bottom three are mine.
I told him, I don't mind bending down to get my stuff, you take the top.
He agreed.
Of course, now after he sees this...whoops!



 The backyard. With fat dog. See those two jumbo trees? I'm thinking hammock and Griswold style Christmas lights :)


 Garage entry. With a built in desk! That he have officially dubbed, the catch-all.
It's where the purse goes, the keys, everything.
And the tupperware container...Norman's supply of food.
A 25 pound bag lasts about two weeks.

 The rack that the purse and hat are hanging on was in the house I grew up in way out there is Silver City. I think my brothers want it, but I outsmarted them and stole it.





 The garage entry plus laundry room. The perk? here is a door and you can shut it and don't have to hear the washer and dryer going constantly!


 We own a bacon press. Something else I stole from my childhood home in Silver City. I always leave it on the stove. Tay thinks it decoration, I say nay nay Tay Tay it's a bacon press. And after the 9 millionth time of bacon curling up, he finally gets wise and uses the bacon press. Ingenious.


 The bar. I believe this is self-explanatory.



 Galley style kitchen. One thing that we've learned since being here. The kitchen is not big enough for me, Tay, and Norman. We continue to make mental notes. Forever home - big kitchen or just put up gates so fat dog can't come in.
And I apologize for the dishes on the drying rack, but we do live here.


 The backdoor.
The basket is the home for Norman's toys, though they never stay in there long.
And his jumbo sized water bowl, that always seem to be empty.


 An actual wood burning fireplace.
For right now, its home to our candles.
And pay no attention to the tub of photos...I'm "eventually" going to hang them.



 Really debating on getting 'because you're mine' tattooed on my foot.



 The living room, with the husband living in it. Watching Office Space.


 Both my boys, being lazy :)
Norman loves the floor, its always cold, but he can't seem to get a grip!


 We love board games. Especially Scene it! We don't have time to sit down and play, but we keep them on hand, just in case!



 The guest room. Antique iron bed stolen from childhood home? Check!
Handmade quilt from Taylor's grandmother? Check!
Eclectic albums above bed? Check!




The master bath. 
I love two sinks, but I've learned, it's not necessary. Didn't we learn to share in kindergarten? 


 Tay's office. Note: I had nothing to do with this room, aside from hanging curtains.
The little red couch in the corner is for Norman. When dada is busy studying, he'll curl up on the red couch. And when I come home from work, I plop down, love on Norman and talk to Tay about my day and his day.


 Some days he has to dress up. And his chair becomes the catch-all for ties and belts.


Post a Comment