SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Shepherd James | One Year

Holy moly!
My guy, my baby, my sweet 10.9 pound newborn Shepherd James is now a toddler. I officially cannot deal. Cannot handle it.

On this day exactly one year ago, after over 12 hours of excruciating back labor, my Shepherd James was born.

If you're interested in his birth story: CLICK HERE

He's a walking, not yet talking, little person. He's the best. The absolute best.

He's rocking his size 4 diapers, eats anything set in front of him, and we are slowly weaning him off mama's milk. Mama is DONE. Mama wants her boobs back; not the shape or form, I just want them to be mine again. Though I love the snuggles and the cuddles, I loathe/hate/despise nursing now. It was a beautiful thing and I'm happy our journey lasted this long, but I am DONE. Over it.

We had his first birthday party on a weekend that Daddy was off call so we could enjoy it. I think it's safe to say he had the best time!

As a nod to my pregnancy cravings with Shepherd, we decided to do a donut cake, it was a hit!


And now, bring on the tears, the nostalgia, the baby fever, the dull remembrance of those painful contractions that brought this guy earthside; out of my belly and into my arms...exactly one year ago.


Happy first birthday my sweet baby Shepherd James! You are a joy and a blessing!

Post a Comment