SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Black {Picayune, MS Wedding Photography}

I'm always at a loss for how to start posts, but somehow, I piece the words together and form tangible sentences and sometimes even paragraphs. So, here goes...

I've known the bride pretty much my whole life. We went to elementery school together briefly and then she moved away :( But no worries, she moved back during high school!

David proposed to her on the night of the Egg Bowl - if you are from Mississippi, this totally makes sense, if you are from another state, you are probably thinking...What the hell is an Egg Bowl? Simple terms: it's a football game that happens every single year between Ole Miss and Mississippi State. And it's a big deal.

When I opened up my Facebook the following day, I was greeted with their engagement. And was thrilled, and secretly praying that Kimmie would allow me to photograph their vows. We all know how that one worked out if I'm doing a whole post dedicated to them, right?

Kimmie is just one of those women that everyone loves. She's gorgeous. She's intelligent. She has a great sense of humor and never takes herself too seriously. David is a lucky fella, for sure. And even though I don't know David all that well, I would have to say that Kimmie pretty much won the lottery with him. His sense of humor is off the charts; to the point where you don't know whether to laugh or combo laugh/cry. They are perfect together.

Mr. & Mrs. Black exchanged vows at the Henry Smith House in Picayune, MS. If you are looking for a place to throw a shindig, this is it! The wedding was scheduled to start at 6:00PM, but due to a little summer shower, the wedding had to be pushed back until 6:15PM. Other than the random rain shower that the weather man said WOULD NOT hit us, the day was perfect. And hey, rain on your wedding day is a good omen, right?

Enough of the words, let's get to the photos!

I think this is my favorite image from the day. The minute I pulled up and saw this tree and all that moss, I knew it would be a prime spot for photos; even though a truck decided to park there, we made it work!

These ladies are amazing! Mrs. Black is lucky to have such amazing friends.

If she ever decides to give up teaching, I'm 99% sure she could find work as a model.

I loved the doors that hid the bride. It made the excitement of their first look palpable.

Post a Comment